You are here: Home » Blog » Archives for heater leak

Mother raises awareness after her sons are killed by gas heater leak

Two Australian children who were killed by toxic, odourless carbon-monoxide fumes, which leaked from a gas heater in their home, have had their memory cherished by their mother.

The incident took place in May 2010, and the boys’ parents have since started an awareness campaign to improve gas and fossil fuel safety in Australian homes.

The mother woke up in a daze at the time of the leak. Her arm was limp and she could not wake the boys.

The leak has left her with on-going medical problems including memory loss and damage to her heat and liver.

The 31 year old named the foundation after her sons, Chase and Tyler. She is strongly passionate about raising awareness regarding carbon-monoxide poisoning caused by home appliances, such as a gas heater. She urges people to buy gas detectors, in order to save lives.

November 1, 2012 at 10:00 am | Gas heater |
Tags: , , , , , , , | No Comments »

Trackback URL for this post:
http://www.topheaterhire.com/mother-raises-awareness-after-her-sons-are-killed-by-gas-heater-leak/trackback